Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First official blog post from a student from period 1...LOVES IT!

I accidentally posted this on my own blog...my bad. So Mr. Wirth asked me to post it on the main class blog.

Okay so I'm an idiot because I wrote this whole long thing and then I pressed preview to see how it looked so far and I COMPLETELY lost my entire post. So here's a blogging tip: DON'T press the preview button so you don't accidentally lose your post. So I have to start all over. Dang.

So how excited is everyone that this is the first official post from a student for our new blog?! LOVES IT! So since I'm the guinea pig of our class, cut me some slack since it's the first post.

Today was a pretty easy day to "pay extra special attention." I gathered some pretty useful information including some sick blogging tips! So when you're next in line for being a super scribe, here's some helpful tips before you blog it up.
  1. Always title your posts. Not only does it make it more interesting, it makes the blog more organized. Because I know you all will be rushing back to read my post over and over again, it will be incredibly convenient to find since I have a title on it. LOVES IT!
  2. This blog is 5% of your grade, so don't be lazy, put a little effort into it! It's not only an easy grade, it's an easy way for us to learn more about Physics...and each other. That was deep, wasn't it? But seriously guys, I know we're all almost second semester seniors...oops, I forgot about Katie Vaughan. Just kidding Katie, love ya! Hope junior year is going well. I know we barely want to do ANY work anymore, but this isn't too bad. I mean I'm opting to do this first over all of my other homework, so that must mean it's pretty painless.
  3. You have 2 days to post after your assigned day of "paying extra special attention" in class. So basically right now I'm being a maj (major, for those of you that don't abbreviate) overachiever and posting the same day that I was assigned to be a scribe. LOVES IT!
  4. Come up with a sick signature phrase to become a super scribe. Such as LOVES IT! It gives it your own personal twist. Plus you can make it cute with colors and stuff. Fun right?


So those are all of the blogging tips I have for you today...onto the next topic...the quiz. Oh man.


So there were a few problems that may have been some of the reasons why we didn't do too hot on the quiz

  • Units were either M.I.A., wrong, or inconsistent. You don't have to show your units in every single thing in the equation, just make sure you have them correct for your final answer.
    • Note From Mr. Wirth - I mispoke regarding units. The Regents Physics rules for ESA (Equation, Substitution, Answer) state that you MUST use units in your INITIAL SUBSTITUTION and in your FINAL ANSWER). Sorry for the confusion.
  • Points were lost with the math portion for simple errors. Not good. Check over your work a time or 2 to try to catch those errors.
  • Incorrect equations were used. The reference tables are there for us to reference to, so we should learn how to use them correctly.
  • Read the questions carefully. I know I personally rush through what the question is trying to ask when I get nervous about the quiz, so take your time on this part because it could make or break you in some cases.


A whopping 24 people got an F on this quiz...HATES IT! Only 2 people got an A+ on it. Don't you think it should be the other way around or something? Everyone was pretty shocked...and disgusted at the grades. Do your quiz corrections to help boost your grade a little bit, but more importantly make sure you understand what you did wrong because we will definitely see it again on the midterm. Speaking of...


MIDTERM COUNTDOWN: 17 DAYS!!!

So in order to prep for the midterm correctly we all should:

  1. Do our homework.
  2. Ask questions (no question is a stupid question...duh.)
  3. Seek assistance from Mr. Wirth
  4. If you're absent, find out what you missed online or through an amigo.

There's another important countdown that I need to make note of...


BAGEL DAY COUNTDOWN: 4 DAYS!!!


And basically the last thing I need to address is our kinetic energy review that we had today...it was pretty lengthy...not. The equation that you need to use is:


KE=1/2mv2


That last 2 is supposed to be a squared but I honestly have no idea how to do that on this thing.


So basically that's all of the blogging I'm doing for tonight. Hope you all enjoyed it and hope I made it fun for you to learn about Physics. Leave as many comments as your little heart desires.


XOXOXOXO (that's for Alex Eberts)


Katie Ko

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

First of all Katie I think you set a great example for the first blog post. Also I definately agree with you on how having only two people get an A on that last quiz is unexeptable- we need to bring that up! Finaly I love your personal twist to your post of loves it and especially "hates it" that made me laugh. OH and also I like the countdown to bagel day but I am so depressed that I am going to miss our breakfast club this week!